To celebrate World Oceans Day 2013, the World Economic Forum and the film company Lonelyleap partnered with Dr. Sylvia Earle to create an award winning short film that focuses on the importance of protecting the ocean, touching on issues such as bottom trawling, overfishing, and pollution.
An Interactive infographic designed by the Global Agenda Council on Oceans in partnership with the Ocean Health Index will be hosted on the World Economic Forum homepage http://www.weforum.org/.
The infographic enables audiences to learn more about the benefits of measuring and monitoring ocean resources through the Ocean Health Index and Seafood Traceability.
The World Economic Forum Blog (http://forumblog.org) will feature supporting blog posts from a number of expert oceanographers:
– Sylvia Earle, Oceanographer and Creator of Mission Blue Foundation, on Oceans
– Celine Cousteau, Founder and CEO of CauseCentric Productions, on Human-Ocean Relationship
– Nishan Degnarain, Senior Economic Adviser at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development of Mauritius, on the Economic Role of Oceans
– Hans Juergen-Matern, Vice-President and Head of Corporate Sustainability and Regulatory Affairs at METRO AG, on the Importance of Sustainable Fishing
– Greg Stone, Executive Vice-President and Chief Scientist for Oceans, Global Marine Conservation International, on Oceans Metrics (Ocean Health Index)