Effective as of May 30, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Scope and Application: Who and what this Policy covers.
- Collection of Information: The sources of and methods by which we, our service providers, and our advertisers collect information from and about you, including information about your interaction with the Mission Blue Services.
- Data Use And Sharing: How we use the information we collect from and about you, who we might share it with, and why.
- User Access And Communication Preferences: How you can access and control the information we maintain about you, and opt out of promotional communications.
- Protection Of Your Information: How we protect your information from loss or misuse.
- Other Important Information: We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites; information may be transferred, processed, or stored outside your country of residence, including in the United States; changes we may make to this Policy.
- Contact Us: How to contact us about this Policy.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
Mission Blue’s Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about users under age 13.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information you provide to us
When you choose to make use of some features of the Services, such as making donations, commenting on our blog, or contacting us via email, we collect information, including personal information, that you may provide while using those features, including your email address, name, physical address, city, state, and the like.
Information you provide to a Giving Platform
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, Mission Blue and our service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information. For example:
- IP Address and Other Identifiers. When you access and interact with our Services, Mission Blue and our service providers may collect information about your visit in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Services, or information about your browser type, authentication identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the Services through a mobile or other similar device, we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device.
- Social Media Information and Content. Mission Blue maintains a social media presence on platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These platforms may collect information about you, through advertising on our Services (e.g., “like” buttons), and through the platforms themselves (for example, when you comment on a social media post). Your participation on social media platforms is optional, and subject to those platforms’ privacy policies. We may collect information and content that you have permitted social media platforms to share with us – such as your profile picture, email address, or friends lists -– and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
- Web beacons and other tracking technologies. The Services, and our advertisers, and third-party service providers, may use other tracking tools, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,” etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect user activity information about your activities on the Services. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us and our service providers to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to you, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web Beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
Our Partners and Service Providers
Mission Blue relies on a number of other companies, agents, and/or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us in operating Mission Blue and providing the Services to you. For example, we may engage such service providers to provide marketing, communications, website hosting, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize the Services, process donations, provide customer service, collect debts, and analyze and enhance data. In the course of providing such services to us, these other companies may have access to information about you, including personal information. We do not authorize these companies to use or disclose your personal information, except in connection with providing the services we request from them.
One of our service providers is Google Analytics, which collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and uses your data when you use the Mission Blue Services, and how you can control the information sent to Google Analytics, please review https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. We also use analytics providers for social media analysis, and in connection with understanding how users interact with our emails, including our newsletter.
Third-Party Online Advertising
Information Contained in User Content
Do Not Track Signals
At this time, the Services does not respond to “do not track” signals, including do not track signals sent from web browsers.
DATA USE AND SHARING
How we use information
We use information that we collect from and about you, including personally identifiable information, to provide the Services, process your donations, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services, personalize communications and fundraising efforts that we believe will be of interest to you, and to improve our Services to you, consistent with our mission to improve the world’s ocean and marine areas. In particular, we and our service providers may use such information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- to maintain and manage your account, deliver content and services that you request, and enhance your experience on our Services;
- to process and track your donations and product/service orders and provide the Services and content you request;
- to communicate with you about the content and Services or other products, content, or services in which you may be interested, or to respond to your inquiries or comments;
- to deliver relevant advertising;
- to send you information or material via email about Mission Blue campaigns and other news we think might interest you. If you no longer wish to receive regular promotional emails from us, please see “OPTING OUT OF EMAIL” below.
- to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and the products and services we offer; or
- in accordance with your consent.
How we share information
We share information that we collect from and about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- with service providers that help us to manage and provide the Services, including development of our websites and applications, maintenance and support, personalization, payment processing, email distribution, measurement and improvement, and sweepstakes/contest administration, only to the extent that these providers need the information to perform their services or as required by law;
- as we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar event, information that we collect from and about you may be part of the transferred assets.
- in response to legal process;
- in accordance with your consent.
When information we collect is aggregated, anonymized or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits members of our community who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we may have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made once a year and are free of charge. If you would like to make a request pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you must do so in writing via email to info[at]missionblue-staging.emg5-liquidwebsites.com; please include the phrase “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message.
We currently do not share any personal information with third parties that are not under our common ownership or common control for their direct marketing purposes.
USER ACCESS AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from Mission Blue by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in each email message, by emailing us at info[at]missionblue-staging.emg5-liquidwebsites.com, or by writing to us at the address provided below..
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Visiting Our Services from Outside The United States
Please be aware that your personally identifiable information may be accessed from, transferred to, processed, and stored in any country where we have facilities or engage service providers, including outside your country of residence, and including in the United States, where the data protection and other laws might be different from those in your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in the United States may be entitled to access your personal information.
Third Party Sites
Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 6882
Napa, CA 94581